Sunday, January 23, 2011

What a Celebration It Was!

Yesterday was the Homegoing Service for my mother, Frances Isabel Willis Freeman May.

My cousin remarked that it was strange to say that a funeral was enjoyable but that would be one of the adjectives to describe Mother's Celebration of Life Service.  I didn't think I would be able to read the scripture, much less give a eulogy....but I did and it wasn't difficult.  

I'll have to say it's the happiest funeral I've ever attended.  Part of it was relief that Mom no longer had to linger with a zero-quality-life, part of it is was the security of knowing where she is and part of it was joy in hearing people's memories of a colorful, caring, talented and witty character who was a Southern lady -- my mother. 

My family and I deeply appreciate all the love and support shown to us during this time.

Post 4.5 of 6

No comments: