Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Hoity-Toity Teatime

Today was the "High Tea" for the Women's Club here at Savanna Club.  It was such fun to see everyone get dressed up with gloves, hats, and "teatime" clothes. 

It's amazing how much noise 150 chatting ladies can produce -- but it's a good and wholesome sound.  It was a joy for me to enter a room and actually know some people.  Last spring at the Ladies' Luncheon, I knew not a soul.

I hope the pictures will be sufficient to show that "a good time was had by all."   (Click on each photo for a larger view.)
Bobbie Steinberg has adopted me by encouraging me to attend various activities and introducing me to various people.  She's my first Savanna Club "pal."
This was the table where I sat.  Each lady brought her own teacup.
Sharon Karen, Bobbie Steinberg, and Sheila Soto.
One of my other new friends is Bonnie McDonnell.  She loaned me the hat, gloves and teacup.
I thought this feathered hat was fun.
Judy's feathers really set off her hat.
We all agreed that this first place winner was a beaut!
One must always raise and crook one's pinky to drink tea, right?

1 comment:

Beth said...

You look great!