Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Bonnie's Big 6-0

My gal pal, Bonnie McDonnell, and I celebrated her Big 6-0 birthday with a little day-trip to Melbourne, which is an hour north of Port St. Lucie.

Melbourne is about half the size of Port St. Lucie (PSL was about 155,000 as of 2009).  It has a street of quaint shops with a variety of merchandise mixed in with some high-end restaurants.  

Bonnie and I dined (and for once, I do mean "dined") at Continental Flambe.



 


We both had potato encrusted snapper with Bearnaise sauce, a salad, vegetables, and coffee.   As they say these days,  "It was all good!"
 
The photos of the lights don't do them justice.


Bonnie went out to dinner last night with a friend, her husband took her out to brunch, her children all called her,  and we ate out this evening, so she had several celebrations.  

It was a great afternoon with a great gal.  And it was an honor to share her big day. (No, I haven't gained a ton of weight, I have my waist purse under my jacket.)
Happy Birthday, Beautiful Bonnie!
You're still great....even if you are really, really OLD!!!

1 comment:

Beth said...

Mmm, Bearnaise sauce! Sounds like a delicious dinner.