Monday, December 5, 2011

Christmas Tree 2011

Hello, I'm Blanche Devereaux, one of the Cornish Rex cats in the Angelil's home.  I've been after my parents to get a Christmas tree so, after many hours of shopping in many stores, they finally brought one home.

I'd prefer a 7' 6" tree but this 5 foot one will DO, I suppose.

OK folks, let's get this show on the road!  Dad, you don't have to read all the pages of instructions, do you?

OK, part A into base.  That wasn't so hard, was it?  Next....


Here, let me move this packing ribbon over.....I'll play with it a bit on the way.

What!!!!  You're going to TAKE IT BACK to Sears after all that?  So you're tired, it's hot, and the tree is heavy and clumsy....so?  OK, guys, hurry back!

2 Hours Later:

Well, a 4 foot tree in a pot doesn't sound as dramatic as a larger one but it's better than none.  I'll help you, Dad.



This isn't exactly what I had in mind but it does look like a tree, small though it is.
Hey, folks, I've got the table and the tree skirt all set.  

Will someone please help me get the tree up here?

Dad, the football game can wait!

 
Hmmnn, let me check.....what ornaments did I bring from Virginia?  

Mom, will you please get over here and help?
I'll give Mom and Dad credit --- this is rather clever and attractive. 

Instead of just a brown pot, there's a see-through design with lights that shine through the pot.

Nice touch!
 I see that Mom brought some angels from her mother's angel tree (May Grandmother May rest in peace.  I know she's happy to see her angels continue to bring joy to people.) 

And what a stroke of luck that in the box with the regular tree-topper angel, there was a small angel that is the right proportion for this little tree.  Dad even figured out how to plug it in so that the light on her candle turns on when the tree lights are on.

Voilà, I finished decorating the Christmas tree!  

Half the ornaments are angels and half are souvenirs from trips that Dad and Mom have gone on together. 
 
Pepper and I love playing hide-and-go-seek under the tree skirt.
I can sit here in my favorite warm spot and look at the tree.  
Daddy keeps a spray bottle of water on the coffee table and sprays me if I touch it!  Why would they put up all these dangling toys but not let me touch them?
 

What, I can't play with the angels, nativity scenes and garland on the buffet either?
In that case, I'll just get up on the cat tree that Dad made us and take a nap with Pepper.
Happy Christmas to all and to all a Good Night!

1 comment:

Beth said...

You sure do know how to make a small tree look wonderful! Writing the post from Blanche's point of view made it so cute. I love the cat cartoons!