Monday, December 12, 2011

Hattitudes

This post is dedicated to my "daughter", Christie R.:

The Red Hatters victoriously celebrate turning 50 and entering into the next phase of their lives. 
Mission Statement of the Red Hat Society
We are a global society of women that supports:
Funwe celebrate life at every age
Friendshipwe solidify and expand the bonds of sisterhood
Freedomwe discover and explore new interests
Fulfillmentwe realize our personal potential
Fitnesswe embrace healthy, life-lengthening lifestyles

Our Christmas luncheon was a delicious meal at one of the clubhouses in our community.  It's always a treat to have catering and not have to bring anything.

Pat, Kathy, Kathy and Ellie were at my table....or I was at their table....or we sat together.

Mollie, the gal in the middle is over 90 and comes every month.

Elise,our queen (leader) is the one in purple and red....ha, ha!  She's the 4th from the left.

In all our purple and red glory - over 50 and loving life!  
Each group has their own name and we're called the "HATTITUDES!"
 Some ladies wear the same outfit every month but I enjoy mixing and matching various items that I find in my closet.  I was surprised at how many red and purple items were in there.  Adding more purple and red "bling" to each outfit is especially fun!   
Go frivolously forth into your fifties and beyond!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The get-together looks to be sooooo much fun! Thanks for sharing the photos.

Anne

marymay said...

Some Red Hatter groups might laugh more loudly and joke more but sometimes I just enjoy conversation and getting to know people. This smaller group works well for me in that respect.

Beth said...

I love the many creative ways you wear scarves! This group looks like a great way to get out and meet others in your community. Did you know that a Red Hatters group started at DM recently?