Thursday, December 22, 2011

Craft Club Christmas at Savanna Club

The Craft Club meets monthly and is open-ended, which I like.  Our leader proposes a project for the upcoming month.  You can gather the materials she suggests or you can show up with a project of your own.
Plus, Lois, our faithful leader, always has extra materials to add to things we bring.
It's two hours of time where our hands are busy but we can visit while we create.  Sometimes we have 6 people, sometimes 12 people with different ones showing up each month. 
Today we had a Christmas project and a small-scale cookie exchange.  The suggested project was a long, wide ribbon with 3 small wreathes on it.  Linda Hoolihan's turned out really nice.
Shelley and Doris created holiday decorations of their own.
 
Linda Ricioppo is my new friend.  We keep running into each other everywhere we go.  She has a great smile and an upbeat attitude.

I had a wreath with lights that I hadn't been able to get working properly....directions?  There were none. Half the circle (like a "C") came on in the morning, the whole wreath in the afternoon, and it went off at night.  


I did find some switches on the 2 battery packs so I had high hopes I could get the lights to sync - didn't happen.  But, at least I can turn off the half when it's on by itself.
My wreath looked great until I hung it. The top half of our door is a window, so from the inside, it looked awful. I had some old greens that I stuck in to cover the wires on the back.  Of course, they’ll probably fall out if anyone shuts the door too hard. Once I’m sure it’s like I want, I’ll wrap the branches around the wires and/or use my trusty, dusty glue gun.  


Then came my favorite part of the day---  

COOKIES!



1 comment:

Beth said...

Craft Club sounds like a fun way to get your craft projects finished. The wreath you decorated is so pretty!