Sunday, May 22, 2011

A Small Step for....

A Small Step for Man...er, I mean "for the Mays"

Success!  I actually went up to Mother's house yesterday and got started on going through things.  I'm being very careful not to make any major decisions on things because I don't want to get rid of anything that Phil or Anita might want. 

They did say they aren't interested in any of the novels and I've read most of them.  Hence, I packed up 4 boxes of books.  I've also been advised that old panty hose and underwear often have bad elastic so I parted with the really ancient, stretched-out ones.  

Every time I turned around or opened another drawer I found more family photos.  At least I'm trying to get them all in one place.  Then we'll have to figure out what to save and how to preserve them.  If you're reading this and have suggestions, please let me know.
 
I felt much better last evening at having made a teeny dent in a vast task.  This small step for man (the Mays) will become a giant step for mankind, right?

No comments: