Sunday, June 5, 2011

"When I get older...."

When I heard the Beatles sing this song in 1967, it seemed forever away.....OOPS!!  It's here!   I guess my secret number is out since it was announced on our local radio station this morning (Thanks a lot, Eugene Wenger!).

"When I get older losing my hair, 
Many years from now, 
Will you still be sending me a valentine,  
Birthday greetings, bottle of wine?

.......Doing the garden, 
digging the weeds (That’s me!)
Who could ask for more? 
Will you still need me, 
will you still feed me (Ed does all our cooking!)

This morning I said,  "I'd like to go to Red Lobster for my birthday."  About two minutes later, Ed asked,  "Where would you like to go for your birthday?"  Isn't it great how well husbands listen to their wives?
 
Anyway, this "ole" gal has had a good day and appreciates the cards, calls and emails!

3 comments:

Beth said...

That's one of my favorite Beatles songs. I'm glad you had a good day and hope Red Lobster was up to snuff. Many happy returns of the day!

Tee said...

We Madison girls of the sixties like the same song. My b'day was 2 days ago and I told Ginny about the song and my nostalgic feelings. My other favorite is the Moving On song by Stevie Wonder. If Ginny outlives me--I have asked her to play it at my memorial service up at the Peaks of Otter on the Blueridge Pkwy where I want my ashes sprinled into Lake Abbott.
I totally get the men thingie. After 27 years of marriage I have learned 2 things --repeat everything at least twice and sleep with a can of air freshner by the bed!!!!

Anonymous said...

Sorry that I missed you birthay but do wish you a great year!

Anne