Thursday, May 5, 2011

A Random Surprise

We hadn't been to Ed's favorite restaurant (The Golden Corral) since before I broke my ankle, which was February 23rd.  We decided to go this evening.

In front of us in line there was a family with a guy, his wife, his parents, and his children.  He was by the cash register and stood back to count how many people were in their party.  Ed's, being his usually kidding self, raised his hand, pointed to himself and shook his head yes.

When our turn came to pay, the cashier said the people before us had paid for us.  We were absolutely stunned!  Ed tried to pay the fellow but he wouldn't hear of it.

I can't begin to tell you what joy we experienced!  I've heard of random acts of kindness but having it happen to you is quite a lift!  This restores our hope for humanity!

So, instead of paying them back, we'll "pay it forward" and perform some random acts of kindness soon.

(If I see you trying to get behind us in line, I'll know you read this post!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sooo funny --- and yet, so touching. Yes, do "play it forward." BTW, Golden Corral is one of Bacot's very favorite restaurants while I prefer to be waited on and not use the common serving utensils.

Anne