Sunday, May 8, 2011

Missing Mother

This is my first Mother's Day without Mother. It's comforting to know where she is but I do miss her.

 ♥¸¸.•*"Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ"*•.¸¸♥  ¸¸.•*"Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ"*•.¸¸
If flowers grow in heaven Lord, then pick a bunch for me.
Place them in my Mom's arms and tell her they're from me.
Tell her that I love and miss her, and when she turns to smile,
Place a kiss upon her cheek and hold her for a while.

¸¸.•*"Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ"*•.¸¸♥  ¸¸.•*"Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ"*•.¸¸

Our new friends, Bonnie and Cliff McDonnell, invited us for lunch and that helped me get through the day smoothly.  They took us north about 45 minutes to Vero Beach to The Driftwood Resort and Waldo's Restaurant, which was right on the beach. This resort and restaurant has quite an interesting history.


Waldo Sexton built the original house as a beach retreat for his family in the1930's.  It was built entirely from ocean-washed timbers and planks that have withstood many hurricanes.  (Waldo Sexton  was instrumental in furthering the citrus, cattle and tourism industries in Indian River County.)
 A nice lunch + outside + sunny + 80 degrees + breeze + new friends = a great combination!
Thank you, Bonnie and Clyde....er, Cliff!

We got back to Savanna Club just in time to go to the Mother's Day Concert at our theater.  This was a musical program by our chorus and other musicians.  All the songs were about love and, though they drew a few tears, it was a very enjoyable program.

♥  Happy Mother's Day.  I love you, Mother! 

1 comment:

Beth said...

I was thinking about you on Mother's Day! It's good that you had something fun to do.