Friday, May 20, 2011

Discombobulated Am I

Here we are back in the beautiful Shenandoah Valley of Virginia.   We've been here almost a week and I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed.  

First, there has been tons of rain so everything is green -- especially the weeds that are trying to overtake my flower beds.  I know that the Lymes disease last fall and my ankle break during the winter have taken their toll and I simply must give up some beds and make others smaller, but where do I begin?

Secondly, Mother's house is full of the "stuff" from three generations.  My grandparents moved there in 1920, my dad was born in the house and we grew up there.  My brother in Texas and my sister in Ohio both work so it is my intention to get started with the organizing and getting ready to empty the house.

Every day I procrastinate.  Why?  I don't know but maybe all this rain (it's rained every day since we got here) is making me hurt more, plus I feel so tired.  Basically I feel depressingly discombobulated.  This too shall pass, right? 

No comments: