Sunday, January 3, 2010

Hospital Visit for My Computer

We got Windows 7 for my notebook computer and did a clean install. Maybe that upset it because the CD/DVD drive went nutty. Ed took it to the Best Buy Computer Hospital -- and it'll be gone for 3 weeks (shock, gasp, sigh!). On the bright side, we bought it last year on January 12th so the warranty is still good.

On the way home, Ed "just happened" to pass by Costco and ended up getting me another little (literally) Christmas present. He got the very last HP Mini 110 netbook (it was a floor demo) and it was one of those deals he couldn't refuse, plus, it came with Windows 7.
He says he's tired of seeing me lug my notebook computer all over the place. With this little baby, I just need to get one of those gigantic purses that everyone's carrying! Then I'll have to get a set of luggage wheels to carry the purse. It's so small that I had to trim my nails in order to type!

Anyway, I'm having fun setting it up. Bye for now.....off to create my Disaster Recovery System on a flash drive (not discs because netbooks are too small for DVD players).

1 comment:

Beth said...

Let me know how you like the netbook and Windows 7. T.J. Maxx has some nice totes.

Be glad you're not here right now. Tell Ed the temperature reading might show 26º, but the "feels like" temperature is 12º(according to the Weather Channel website)!