Thursday, January 28, 2010

Doctor for Ed, Dentist for Mary

Ed went to see Dr. Schwartz, his oncologist in West Palm Beach on Tuesday. Everything appears to be stable and the doctor said his lungs sound very good. Yay! there is no need to do anything at that point.

On Monday, I was eating one of those good-deal-dollar-cheeseburgers and heard a crunch - a big chunk of a molar broke off. I saw a dentist yesterday and learned he went to VCU in Richmond, Virginia. His best friend is a dentist from Harrisonburg, VA!

At first, it appeared that I would need a root canal and a crown, plus, the molar next to the broken should be done. That would cost a mere $3,500.00.....ouch! I decided to wait on that second tooth and it turned out I didn't need a root canal....WHEW! So, I got off "easy" with a total of only $1,400...such a deal!

3 comments:

Beth said...

Great news for Ed!

Isn't it amazing how $1400 for a tooth can turn out to be a good deal?

VCU is where Claire has just been accepted.

Tee said...

So glad to hear about Ed's report. Your news was a bummer. Aging is no fun.

marymay said...

I told the dentist about Claire and he said that was a real honor.