Tuesday, January 26, 2010

The Fun Part of a Move

We're thrilled with the pieces of furniture that came with the house but there a few items we need before we move in -- yeah, like a bed! We've been to a LOT of furniture stores. Many of those fancy stores like Ashley, City Furniture, Haverty, etc. have furniture in a scale that would look right in a huge castle!

We have bought a headboard, nightstand, breakfast nook table and chairs at Paradise Home and Patio. I have always loved wicker and rattan and no matter what we saw, I kept coming back to this store. We still have to buy a bedframe and boxsprings and will use the mattress from the RV that we bought in July. Instead of putting a cheap mattress into the RV, we'll just give an allowance off the price for people to go get the mattress of their choice.

We drove up to Ft. Pierce to the Danish furniture store on Monday. I wonder if I'm a reincarnated Danish person......all that teak furniture is so pleasing to my eye. There are several pieces I REALLY like but before I indulge in a buffet or TV stand, I'll shop some more.

1 comment:

Beth said...

Good thinking on taking the mattress from the RV. Costco carries mattresses, so they may have boxsprings also.

Have you come across any stores like Finders Keepers down there yet?