Monday, November 30, 2009

Inside Luxuries in Our RV

It amazes me at how convenient and luxurious motorhomes can be. We've looked at some of the newer ones and at 5th wheels, but I always come away feeling pleased with out coach.

When I first learned about having a washer/dryer, I laughed but quickly found out how wonderfully handy they are......especially for keeping up with the underwear and tee-shirts. It's easier to do the sheets and blankets in larger machines, which are available at campgrounds. But this way is soooo easy -- no getting dirty clothes into bags, getting soap, softener, and quarters (lots of them) for the trip to the laundry room.

This one unit washes and dries the clothes. So, put in a load, go out to eat and come home to clean, dry clothes. Having a second TV in the bedroom is handy, although I haven't used it at all (besides, it's old and we didn't get a converter box for it). You can see the 2 corner doors under the TV and a lot of stuff fits in there. The closet already had the shoe shelves, plus, the door to the left is a deep cabinet and the drawer under it is, too. I get my half of the closet and a bonus shirt closet with 2 deep drawers under it. The little cabinet above the nightstand holds a LOT of folded shirts. The nightstand is large enough for my CPAP machine and plenty of books. Ssshh, don't tell Ed about all these extra cubby holes and this extra stuff I have, OK? This next feature makes me feel like we have a living room.
Our shower is nice and, instead of a step-in shower stall, it has a shelf so I can sit down to shower and it has a BATHTUB - my most favorite luxury!

1 comment:

Beth said...

Your combination washer/dryer never ceases to amaze me! I recently found that Downy makes a wrinkle release product and it really does work. Your folded shirts made me think of that.