Monday, November 2, 2009

Cat Competition - My First

Saturday, Ed read in the local Waxahachie newspaper that there was a cat show. This was my first cat show and I got a kick out of seeing all the cats.

It took me a while to figure out what was happening but it finally started making sense. The cats and their owners were in long rows in the middle of the room. On each end there were 3 judging areas. The loudspeakers were calling for various cats by number. Each cat is judged and rated by 6 judges on Saturday and a different 6 judges on Sunday. The results are then tabulated on Sunday.
Walking in the aisles of cats and talking to the proud owners was lots of fun. We even saw 3 Cornish rex cats! One was an endearing kitten and naturally, Ed wanted to get her as a companion for Pepper. I say Pepper is the queen of her domain and she would be quite distressed to share her fiefdom. Besides, the motorhome is NOT big enough for two cats!
I'd never seen these Bengal cats in person......they're just beautiful!

No comments: