Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Celine's Song Before Ed's Doctor Visit

When we got almost to the oncologist's office on Monday morning, Celine's voice seemed to jump out of the car radio and these are the words I heard, "I pray you'll be all right..."

It turned out that I didn't hear the lyrics of the song correctly. The words are, "I pray we'll find Your light...", but I think that what I thought I heard was a good omen. I felt blessed by Celine and her prayer song as we entered the parking lot of the Palm Beach Cancer Center.

The Prayer - Celine Dion and Andrea Botticelli 2001

I pray you'll be our eyes, and watch us where we go.
And help us to be wise in times when we don't know.

Let this be our prayer, when we lose our way,
Lead us to the place, guide us with your grace,
To a place where we'll be safe.

I pray we'll find Your light
And hold it in our hearts
When stars go out each night.

Let this be our prayer
When shadows fill our day
Lead us to a place, guide us with your grace
Give us faith so we'll be safe.

We ask that life be kind and watch us from above
We hope each soul will find another soul to love.

Let this be our prayer just like every child
Needs to find a place, Guide us with your grace
Give us faith so we'll be safe.

Ed saw the doctor, got blood work, had a scan, and saw the doctor again. There was no noticeable change in the tumors. The next step is to get a tissue sample from the biopsy taken in Virginia last year. That will determine the course of action. We're pleased with how smoothly the day went and with the encouraging results.

5 comments:

Beth said...

YAY! No noticeable change! Was the bloodwork all right?

marymay said...

Yes, the blood work was in normal ranges. PTL!

Anonymous said...

Mary: Was Celine's Song the one which I might have forwarded to you in an email from another friend? Having some computer problems--hope this comes through to you. We'll get computer fixed soon.

--Barbara and Bill

marymay said...

That might have been the same song you sent me. Your comment came through just fine. Have a great day!

Tee said...

So glad to hear the blood work and scan were so encouraging. Have a great winter.