Sunday, April 3, 2011

Tea for Two

My sister-in-law, Kay  (who lives 14 miles west of us here in Port St. Lucie) invited me to a tea at her sister, June's church.  There were 325 ladies there!  

It was a lovely affair with dainty food, served by men from the church, a hat contest and a few other special presentations. An inspiring devotional was given by a gal from the church.
 Here's June enjoying ladies who were hamming it up in the hat parade.  Each table submitted a vote for each category.

All you need is feathers.....

....and a bit of imagination!


Mary May Angelil and Mary Kay Angelil  2011
 
The one drawback of the day was the long walk from the car into the room.  (That is a HUGE church with several LARGE buildings)  We knew Kay couldn't manage getting my wheelchair out of the car so I used my walker.  It was worth the effort!

Kay and are already planning to create hats for next year!  I'll have to bring back lots of feathers from my neighbors' chicken farms in Virginia.

No comments: