Monday, April 25, 2011

Crafty Craft Club

I hadn't planned to go to the Craft Club but the first month we were here (February, 2010), they were doing a shell project.  Since shells are "my thing" I decided to go....just to that one meeting!  I discovered that this club lends itself to making friends because it's small (usually about 6-12 ladies) and you can easily do crafts and talk at the same.

So, I've become crafty!  Our fearless leader, Lois, usually cooks up seasonal projects.  Since I have an empty house to fill (we didn't have items of decor in the RV), this works for me!
 
I made a fall arrangement in a container I had.  Then, I used that same container for a Christmas arrangement.  This necessitates less storage space, which isn't a feature of our small crib.

I especially liked the egg tree that I made this month.  Blanche and Pepper discovered it so I had to cover the grass with plastic!
 Now I have a new category to add to my hobby list -- crafts!

1 comment:

Beth said...

The Craft Club will introduce you to new crafts that you might not have tried on your own. The best part is that instruction is provided. I want to learn more beading techniques, but have to find written instructions or videos on YouTube unless I fork out the money for a class (probably in C'ville).