Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Signs of Oldness?

Do you remember when your grandparents talked about their health problems?  Wasn't that a sign that they were really, really, really OLD?  Well, guess I'm there.....

I've also realized that we retire so we have time to go to all our doctors' appointments.  Today I had bloodwork, tomorrow I "get crowned" at the dentist, next week I see the doctor, etc, etc.

By the way, for those of you who asked (and thank you for your concern) my cast is off and I'm coming along....can now get my sneakers on, although one of them has barely enough shoelace to tie it because of some swelling.   I'm trying my best not to limp. But all in all, I'm coming along OK.

Ed is doing OK, too.....except he's already complaining about the heat in the middle of the day and wonders why anyone would stay in Florida in the summer.  I remind him that he lived here for over 20 years.  Yet, he's here in Florida for the winter because he's always cold in Virginia.  Go figure!  As for me, I have my own little "personal summers" at random moments throughout the day and night.  Is heat-cold intolerance/confusion another sign of "oldness"?

Do you like this larger print?  Maybe you're starting to show signs of "oldness" too!

1 comment:

Beth said...

I'm glad you're both doing all right. Tell Ed it's a little soon to come back to VA, so he'll have to sweat it out in the afternoons a little longer. It's only supposed to be 54 degrees today (Good Friday), but highs of 75-80 are predicted for the weekend.