Friday, June 25, 2010

Fine Dining with the Hollars

We had a surprise invitation to share a gift card given to my cousin, Hunter Hollar.   The restaurant was the Local Chop and Grill House(Construction on the building began in 1911. The four-story brick building originally contained well over an acre of floor space.  Click here to read more:  Wetsel Seed Company)   
Even though the menu was upscale and fancy, we all managed to find something that we liked, including delicious desserts.

Hunter and I grew up together and our families shared many activities, especially with the Youth Fellowship at church.  Then, when Hunter was at U.Va. and I was at J.M.U. which was then mostly a girls college, he really liked me because I fixed him up with girls!  We've kept in touch through the years and I never cease to enjoy his company. He married Mary Margaret, whom I just love, and they raised two lovely redheaded girls.  Hunter became president of a bank in Maryland and recently retired here in Singers Glen.

We always have a barrel of laughs when we go out with Hunter and Mary Margaret!!!

p.s.  Hunter, take note -- you've really made it in the world -- you're on our blog!



No comments: