Thursday, October 1, 2009

Picnic in the Park

Tuesday was our last day in Crescent City, CA and I decided I'd like another redwood encounter. We visited redwood groves three days, plus the Trees of Mystery so our necks are almost permanently bent backwards.

We stopped by the local cheese factory and got some very sharp cheddar (aged 5 years), went to Safeway and got a bottle of wine and so
me French bread, hot from the oven. We went to Simpson Grove, our forest of the day, and had a picnic using a stump for a table.


I had to get a photo of this -- Ed always has a fit about guys who wear their caps backwards. As he was craning to see the trees, he found out there IS sometimes a reason to turn your cap around.
This was a special setting because it was on Walker Road. My dad was Walker May, Jr. and my nephew is Levi Walker May.This is a baby redwood (above). I wonder how long it'll take to "grow up".

2 comments:

Tee said...

Larry has to meet Ed. Larry also cannot stand guys who wear their caps backwards. "It just isn't done that way". I think he looks cute when I swivel his hat--but he turns it back immediately.

We fly to Orlando this Monday to pick up our "new" little rv. We are going to stay around Orlando for a couple days and see some things--Universal Studios,etc. Then drive home at a leisurely pace. Should be home Friday the 9th of October.

I bought Larry a copy of The Complete Idiots Guide to RVing. He now says he is ready to go,go,go.

marymay said...

Happy trails to you both!