Monday, October 12, 2009

Utah, Utopia of Unique Scenery

We left Las Vegas on Sunday morning and headed north on I-15. Ed would have moved on but so many people have talked about how beautiful Bryce Canyon is that I really wanted to go.

The 250 mile drive to Hatch, Utah was absolutely one surprise after another! It seemed that every time we topped another hill or mountain or turned a corner, there was a totally new terrain with different vegetation.


I took about 200 pictures out the windshield but many were ruined by buggy glass. When we stopped for diesel, Ed wasn't thinking so only washed the driver's side. It is my new resolution to get out and help wash the windshield from now on when we make a fuel stop.

Here a a few of the photos, in the order we saw them. Enjoy the drive!
We just kept going down and turning in the midst of these huge rocks.
Note the white trailer truck on the highway ahead of us.I was surprised to suddenly see evergreen trees.
Click to enlarge this one to see the highway stretching across the plains.
I love these craggy rocks.
Here's where we turned South onto US 89.
We saw a field of bison and another field of llamas.
Riverside RV Resort isn't fancy but it is one of the best views we've had out our front window. When we woke up on Monday, we watched 8 deer running in front of us.

1 comment:

Sister Anita said...

My what hugh rocks! Awsome!