Saturday, April 25, 2009

Sleep Amid the Roaring Harleys

What a lovely, warm, breezy day.....except for the noise. An older couple came into the RV park last evening to escape the noise. They're from Leesburg, about 20 miles south of our present location in Summerfield, FL and there's a huge Bikefest going on there this weekend. Even here, we're been hearing cycles roaring by all day long so their escape plan didn't work. There are "Live on 8 Stages over 40 Free Concerts" and a ton of other events. They expect over 300,000 bikers!!

Somehow, Ed's able to sleep through all this racket. This morning he woke up briefly about 7:30 and I let him sleep while reading quietly in bed for an hour. I got up, dressed, brushed my teeth, etc. and he didn't hear a thing. I hated to open the RV door but by 9:00 I was ready for my walk. It's now about 1:30 and he's sleeping soundly on the sofa........not even a snore to compete with the bike noise! Seriously, I am sure this rest is what his body needs as it rebuilds his blood counts following his last chemo, which was April 3.

We're going to Jan and David's this afternoon for a cook-out. Ed's hankering a hamburger on the grill so we're taking the food and he's going to cook it. Hopefully, I can help Jan with some computer questions while the guys check out the eagles (Jan and David are avid birdwatchers) or whatever guy things they choose to do. Then we'll go to church with them this evening.

We're going out for the day tomorrow but I think it might be in a different direction from Leesburg - unless we're looking for noise and traffic jams!!

2 comments:

yrdsale4me said...

Ed could sleep soundly through all the Harley activity, yet your snoring bothered him!

marymay said...

You're right! Go figure!