Thursday, April 2, 2009

An Outing a Day

There's not a lot going on here these days, which is pleasant, because we can just make up each day as we go. We try to get out to do something each day. I'm hoping all the naps and resting are helping Ed's blood to get in better shape.

Today it was 89 degrees so going to Edison Mall was perfect for keeping cool. We ate at the food court and I browsed through Macy's and Dillard's......didn't buy a thing. We came home (Home Sweet RV) and about 7 o'clock Ed decided he didn't want to cook. He started craving one of the patty melts at Steak and Shake and since we had a good coupon, we just got up and went! I had chili, which I hope was less calories than a burger.

Tuesday we saw the movie, "I Love You, Man". It was so-so....would have made a good one hour movie. The previews don't look encouraging either......everything is totally violent, about dragons and ghosts, or about supernatural things. We like to take advantage of the $5 movie price for Seniors on Tuesday but it's not a deal if there's nothing to see. We tried the Arizona Pizza restaurant and really enjoyed their pizza.


Wednesday, we went to American HomePatient, the company that handles my CPAP sleeping machine. It's been bothersome and a friend told me there's a different style mask that's much more comfortable. After meeting with the technician, it was determined that I'll have to go to our branch in Virginia so they can work through insurance. I had received my 6 month supplies so will keep them unopened until May so I can exchange them if needed. The new mask, hose, and nose piece that I received cost $492!! With that amount of money involved, I think it's worthwhile to try to find the most comfortable thing available. This is a long term commitment.


At least I have accomplished one thing - I've walked 4 mornings in a row! I have my course all mapped out and just go "get it overwith." My hip had been hurting, which was probably from too much sitting, and the walking has helped. Every morning we watch the RV's heading out of here and as I walk I see more preparing to leave. It's nice to have more space around us but we also get more noise from US41.

Another accomplishment is I finally got my shells from Sanibel cleaned and organized by size. I bought the "fixins' for the two craft projects I plan to make. See, even though we have this time of freedom, I still have that work ethnic - thinking I must accomplish something for my day to be successful.

No comments: