Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Bye-bye, Tampa....Hello, Jan and David

We left our mini-vacation site at Lazy Days RV Center and came north to Summerfield, which is near The Villages. (It's about 20 miles south of Ocala). We're staying at Southern Oaks, the same place we stayed last summer, and we're visiting our dear friends, Jan and David Clements.

Within 2 hours we were invited over for a shrimp stir-fry dinner. The talk fest got off to a rip roaring start - four extroverts have a lot to say! It's good we'll be here a week or more so we can catch up! Jan's sister, Anita, and her new husband, Ron stopped by. It was nice to see them again, too.

David and I are totally hooked on American Idol so he watched the clock carefully to be sure we didn't miss a minute.......we weren't disappointed. It's down to the final seven now and there are several who are so excellent, we have no clue who will win. We all like Adam and Allison. David likes Danny and I still like Anoop but don't think they'll win because they're not quite as unique. The judges used their "Save" power last week so there will be two contestants going home tonight.

Jan stopped by to visit this morning and to share all sorts of brainstorms she had during the night regarding her computer skills for her Real Estate business and offering to show me a few villas as a possibility for future years.

For whatever reason, I'm just exhausted and had to take Tylenol because I ached last night. Maybe all the morning walks built up and wore me down?

1 comment:

yrdsale4me said...

My grandfather and aunt used to have a vacation lot near Ocala. It was close to Lake Dorr.

Did I tell you that my other grandparents lived about 15 minutes from Tarpon Springs in New Port Richey? We usually went there in August.