Saturday, June 23, 2012

Blanche, the Bolter

Blanche Devereaux (my Cornish Rex kitty), in spite of training and consistent use of a spray bottle, bolts out the door in a flash when I least expect it. She goes further away each time she escapes and it was all I could do to catch her last week.

I fixed HER little red wagon! She got her very own bio-chip "installed" by her vet yesterday. He said most pets have chips nowadays.  If a pet is found, every vet has a scanner, which reads a phone number and the number assigned to the animal.  The pet is registered so if a call comes in, they can locate the owner.  
Between having alligators around who might consider Blanche a tasty morsel, living in a hurricane zone (knowing that pets cannot go with you to a shelter), and traveling with the cats, I decided I needed to take action.

I feel so much better about Blanche and her safety!
p.s.  Pepper, my other Cornish, is older, calmer, and well behaved.  I don't have to worry about her.

1 comment:

Beth said...

Has Blanche gotten out since the ID chip was put in?