Thursday, August 4, 2011

Before and After with Wow Factor

Here is a before and after photo that I want to share with you.  My 24-year-old niece, April Krull lives in Ohio.  She had the Roux-en-Y gastric bypass last summer.  

(Silly me, I thought that a person comes out of the surgery all slim -- NOT!)

April has consistently exercised and made good food choices.  She's discovered she enjoys running and zumba.  
April, I am so proud of you and you can really be proud of yourself!  

Now comes the even harder part...staying this way.  (I know because I've reached my goal in Weight Watchers several times in the past 25 years.  When I gain a little, I get right back to the meetings.  A lot of it boils down to understanding that every bite that goes in your mouth does matter.)  

You can do it, April, and as you requested, I'm going to be checking on you!  I watch your You Tube update almost every week.  http://www.youtube.com/user/cuteelk87 

2 comments:

Beth said...

I sure am WOWed! I actually meant to comment on April's appearance in the family photos from an earlier post.

[For anyone who doesn't know, Zumba is a form of cardio exercise using Latin dance moves. It's so much fun that an hour flies by. Zumba can be done by anyone, no matter the fitness level. It takes a little practice, so don't give up after just one class.]

Anonymous said...

Just like peer pressure, an aunt's pressure can motivate and encourage. It appears that you and April are going in the right direction!

Anne