Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Pain Appeared

Guess I spoke too soon....

I was so sure that the splint had shifted and was pushing on my leg and I couldn't wait till it came off.  I expected immediate relief.....that didn't happen!  The pain is exactly where the break shows up along that tall thin ankle bone.

Dr. Davidson, the orthopedist, didn't know why my ankle/leg didn't hurt the first few days.

After viewing the X-rays I had brought from the ER, the doc first started talking about putting in a pin, screw, etc.  He decided to take more X-rays right then.  Luckily, a cast will do the job.  Whew!
Yes, that's the doc's hand pushing the ankle to determine if pins and screws were needed. Ouch! 
A closer view of the break, from the front of the foot.
So, he took me to the "casting room", but I didn't get picked to be in a movie :(.  I laid on my stomach and held my foot up for the cast application, which meant I didn't get to see the process.

Ed was supposed to be taking pics but when he and the doc discovered they're both from Montreal, he got distracted.  They sounded like two women chattering!
The casting process was fast but not painless. 

Just think, only 4-6 weeks to go!

No comments: