Thursday, March 3, 2011

On the Bright Side of a Broken Ankle

1.  Looking on the bright side -  the broken ankle gives pain in one area.  The Lymes disease I had last fall produced that same amount of pain in every limb and in every fiber of my being all at the same time.

2.  Another bright note is that an ankle isn't as difficult to deal with as if it were my hand or arm....then I'd need help to cut my food, brush my teeth, etc.

3.  One of the service projects of the Men's Club here at Savanna Club (our 55+ community) is loaning medical equipment.  They've loaned me a walker and a wheelchair.  They even had us come over to see the choices. 

4.  A walker is a lot more stable than crutches (I was Queen Clutz with crutches) and the wheelchair will allow me to go shopping or to the movies.  

5.  The cast is below my knee, unlike the splint that came well above the knee, which makes getting into a car and using the bathroom a whole lot easier.

 6.  The pain will let up in a day or so (I hope). 

2 comments:

Anne said...

Toe nails are polished! Ed's handiwork?

marymay said...

Luckily, I painted my toenails last week. Ed polish nails? Perish the thought!