Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Wheelies and Shopping

Tuesday was my first attempt at shopping.  I had a reward points coupon that was going to expire at Beall's Outlet and I simply couldn't let it go to waste!  Ed dropped me off with my traveling wheelchair -- it's the kind without the big wheels on the side for moving oneself.  

I was fine using my right leg to navigate at home but that poor leg was tired and sore before I even made it to the back of the store!  In the housewares department, the shelves are heavy so I could pull along with my hands but besides that, it was my poor leg that did the work.

I planned to call the Men's Club guy, Dick, as soon as I got home to see if I might get another chair.  Would you believe.....a golf cart was in front of us as we entered our community and as it pulled over to let us pass by, I realized that it was Dick!!!  What are the chances that would happen?  It was surely a Serendipity or a Divine Intervention, huh?   

He went right over to the storage area with us.  I was convinced that the chair with side wheels wouldn't go through the small doors in our house.  Luckily, I was wrong!  

Now, I can do some serious shopping and pop some wheelies, too!

1 comment:

Beth said...

Mary, I can just see you doing wheelies in a department store!