Saturday, February 26, 2011

Angelil Ankle Adventures

...or "Bathing with a Bag Lady" 
...or "Contemptible Crutches Take Concentration"

It’s amazing how much a shower can brighten one’s spirits.  I was able to sit on the corner seat in the shower and prop my bagged cast leg on the other corner seat.  It also helped that our shower head is on a long hose that can be hand-held.  

Much to my surprise, there was minimal fussing from my shower assistant, who was also an important feature in this production.  

I should have thought to take a pain pill beforehand..... I plan to do that before I get my cast on Tuesday!  I also hope the pain portion of this ordeal will be over pretty soon.  If I keep the leg still and elevated, it’s not too bad.....moving it and having it down is not so good.

There is a bright side to this....I can’t do dishes, clean or do laundry.  On the other hand, there’s “stuff” on the counters and all around that bothers me.  

When I try to straighten or ask Ed to put something away I’m told that I need to focus on what I’m doing.  (Walking with these contemptible crutches does take concentration.)  

However, later something will come up that I need or had been wanting done and I hear,  “Well, why didn’t you ask for this?” 
EEeerrgh!  MEN!

1 comment:

Beth said...

Great graphic!