Monday, December 6, 2010

Lymes into Limeade

Being in the hospital for 13 nights in October with Lymes disease was not a fun experience.  There is one result, however, about which I am very happy.  

I'd been going to Weight Watchers (again) since July and had hit that common plateau with only 5 pounds to reach my goal.  (When you reach your goal, you get to go to the meetings for free.)

While in the hospital, when my large intestine stopped working, I had no food or drink for 5 days -- I was on an IV.  I lost about 15 pounds.  A few of those pounds are back but I am now a couple of pounds UNDER my goal weight!

So, this was one instance where my Lymes turned into limeade. 

One problem has arisen from this.......now my clothes are all too baggy.  I didn't realize how big this blouse was on me until I saw the photos from Thanksgiving.  But, I'm not complaining!!!  I know how to sew and will just get busy doing a few alterations.

1 comment:

Beth said...

That's an awful way to drop the weight, but congratulations anyway! I hope you're feeling better and regaining your strength. Miss you both!