Friday, December 10, 2010

Ladies' Luncheons

One reason we liked the Savanna Club here in Florida is because it's a large community (1,900 homes) and that means there are a lot of clubs and activities.

Last Wednesday was the Women's Club luncheon that was held in the theater.  There were about 200 ladies there in their holiday finery.  There were round tables with 8 at each table. My new friend, Bobbie Steinberg saved a place for me at her table.  I met several new ladies in spite of the loud Christmas music -- but that was part of the festive atmosphere.  The food was good and it was nice to be served.

Thursday was my first meeting/luncheon with the Red Hatters.  I was pretty tired from Wednesday but I didn't want to miss anything (plus,I had already paid for my lunch!).  This was a group of about 25 ladies all decked out in their red hats with purple and red outfits.  I enjoyed meeting some new gals and look forward to getting to know them better.  

More about the Red Hat Society later.

Thursday afternoon was nap-time and Thursday night was early to bed.  No more luncheons this week, please!!

1 comment:

Beth said...

Sounds like lots of fun!