Saturday, October 2, 2010

More Miserable

I'm here in the hospital in Harrisonburg, Virginia and might be here a several days until they figure out what's wrong with me.  Ed brought me to ER Thursday evening and they kept me, much to my surprise.  My abdominal X-ray and CAT scans are normal and my kidneys are OK.   Dr. Overby said it might take a bit of time to track down what's causing me to have a fever for 10 days.

The pain in my right leg, upper abdominal area and middle back is off the charts.  I can have a pain shot every 2 hours but I fear that the dilaudid is "wearing out" on my body already.  Dr. O. said that my fibro is probably intensifying my pain but that's not what is wrong here.  So far they've ruled out the flu (did you know they have a test for that?), a kidney infection and a couple of other things.

I declare that Dr. Overby is thinking up every test known to medicine -- even a TB test.  Now's a time when I'm blessed to have the best doctor in the county.

This is a brand-spank-new hospital -- just opened in June of this year.  I'm getting a tour from the inside out.....would prefer it the other way around.  The hospital has free wi-fi but allows no Facebook ....gasp... how will I live?

Short email personal notes are welcome but please understand I feel too bad to respond for now.  Still hurtin' for certain and feeling like a stuck pig -- about 20 sticks so far, which doesn't work well with my needle phobia.  I'm not going to have any blood left!

Hope to bring happy news and a diagnosis the next time round.  Thank you for your prayers and positive thoughts.

2 comments:

Ginny said...

Mary: Tee had mentioned that you weren't feeling well. I'm sorry to hear that you're in the hospital -- new or otherwise, hospitals are NOT my favorite place. And I never knew you were needle-phobic. Me too ... :-(((

Feel better soon!!

Ginny

Beth said...

So sorry you're still in there. Hope you're able to get some rest in between needles. NO FACEBOOK! Maybe they can give you something for the withdrawal symptoms. ;)