Monday, October 11, 2010

Different resort next time....

Last night was night 11 in this Rockingham Memorial Hospital.......for my next vacation I plan to choose a different resort!    I've lost 14 pounds since I've been here -- the least I've weighed in years but this method isn't recommended.

Progress is slow but my large intestine does seem to be showing some progress.  I have advanced to a full liquid diet -- which means cream soup and pudding -- yee-haw!  Am not complaining - after 5 days with nothing except IVs, pudding tastes good.   Hope to get home soon but am not pushing -- I'll go when they say I'm ready, no need to risk a relapse.

The Lyme's Disease has been confirmed and has cleared up nicely.  I did learn it's caused by a deer tick, not a dog tick.  Also, recovery is like mono recovery - progress, but with bouts of unexpected fatigue for quite a long time. 

Apparently the Lyme's Disease and the bowel "on strike" are two different issues.

p.s.  Please keep holding email for now.  Or you can write or call Ed for updates.  Thanks for all your cards, etc. 

No comments: