Sunday, July 25, 2010

Lazy Sunday - Last Day of Stever's Visit

As Sean says,  "This morning everybody was so lazy.  They got up at ten o'clock!"  We ate at Ed's favorite -- Golden Corral.  

The bacon-filled breakfast was followed by a trip to the James Madison University's arboretum.  We had a nice walk through a beautiful forest.
Sean has been such a good trooper.  He played for days with a magnetic building set that I had and read with me as much as I could get him to.  His reading vocabulary probably doubled this week.  This is his robot.
He was quite take with Blanche. 
He thought it quite amusing that the cats don't like the air conditioning in the house so they spend a lot of time outside in the litter box area in the hot garage.  You might like to be in a warmer spot too if you were a Cornish Rex without much hair!

Here's the pet door going out of the utility room  (my invention).
Here's the "cat house" cage that Ed built so they can get to the litter box but not into the garage.

We went to Bravo's for some Italian food and to the famous Kline's Frozen Custard bar.  We were all pleased that Sean got to see three deer in the field across from our house as we arrived home.

3 comments:

Tee said...

Sounds like you ALL had a wonderful week. The mention of Klines really made me miss their excellent frozen custard. You might have retired --but there is plenty of teacher left in you.

Steven Angelil said...

Thanks for the great time, Ms. Mary and Grandfather Edmond! Hopefully we can make it up next summer too!

Dianne said...

I so enjoy following the Angelil Adventures. It makes me feel closer to family I have not seen in eons. Like Steven . . he was about 3 years old the last time. Wonderful to see his family.

Thanks Mary May . . I love your blog