Friday, August 20, 2010

Cheri, My Sweet Helper

The weeds got ahead of me during my 3 weeks of other activities (a week in Texas, a week with Ed's son and family, and a week with my brother and family).  I was rather overwhelmed and came up with a great solution.  

I hired someone to help me weed!  This "weeder" isn't just anyone.  This is someone special who became my friend and I looked forward to our weeding/planting sessions.  

Cheri, is 12 years going on 40 (meaning she's wise beyond her years), and she's the daughter of the family who rents Mother's farm.  She's very outgoing, knowledgeable, and natural.

She's quite a worker and was a joy to be with.
Her brother, Grant, mows our field several times each summer.
(Ed has stuck to his guns to have landscaping and mulch near the house and to treat the rest of the 2 acres as a field, NOT a lawn.)
Too bad that school will be taking away my Cheri!  Mmnn, I wonder how her Saturdays are looking?

I really, really like Cheri's mom, Christie, a gal who loves flowers as much as I do.  I've said for a while that Christi's my adopted daughter.  So, I guess that means that Cheri is now my adopted granddaughter and she loves flowers, too!

2 comments:

Lite Foot said...

Mary, what a nice blog. I recently discovered how easy it was to subscribe and now your fresh blogs come right in to my email (Outlook).
So much to discover.

Jerry

Beth said...

Grant's face looks much the same as when he was little, so I would have known him. I hadn't seen Cheri in quite a while. She's really grown up!