Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Cowboy Ed

Cowboy Ed 
by Mary May (Barrows) Angelil   2002 
(When we moved to VA, we lived with Mother while building our house)

Just after supper as Mother, Ed and I were all peacefully reading, there came a sharp, frantic rap, rap, rapping on our door.  A motorist stopped to tell us that 6 of Linden's cows were out in the road.  (Linden rents Mother's farm).  She tried to call him but he was gone.  Uncle Bob didn't have Linden's cell phone number nor is he able to chase cows.  So she called Glen Koogler, our farmer neighbor down the hill.

Ed came in and timidly asked Mother,  "Are the cows going to hurt me or charge me if I try to herd them?"

Thankfully, Glen came right up on his tractor and Ed helped him herd the cows back into the safe pasture.  They fixed the closing on the gate so the cows couldn't lick it loose.

When Ed came in after all that, Mother called Uncle Bob back to let him know things were under control.  She said,  "I think Ed was a little afraid. . ."

Ed interrupted and bellowed,  "A little afraid?  I was a LOT afraid!!!!"

. . . . .  Stay tuned for the next episode of "Ed, the City Dude, Moves to the Country".        

1 comment:

Beth said...

Knowing all of you, I can just picture this episode--makes it even funnier!