Tuesday, March 3, 2009

First or Second Half-Century

Today was a gorgeous day......high 60's with sun and a slight breeze. I walked across the street to finish looking in the stores at the Shell Factory. I was there for a long time and could spend another day. There are so many different rooms and such a variety of merchandise from clothes, to shoes, to a Christmas shop, to jewelry, to chocolate, to Subway, to bear stuffing, to a room of stuffed large animals, to a U.S. Post Office, to shells and more shells.

Thought I'd get a few large shells for my front hallway - until I saw the prices......conch shells started at $20.00. Maybe if I were in the first half-century of my life when I was acquiring '"stuff", I would "shell out" the $20 bucks. However, I'm in the second half-century and am trying to size down (in more ways than one!).

No comments: