Saturday, March 28, 2009

Blood-count Brings the Blahs

Ed has been scolding himself because he feels so tired and just doesn't feel like doing anything. I think his 3 days with the hiccups sapped a lot of energy because he didn't get a lot of sleep. His bloodwork results Friday also explained why he's so beat....he is really low in everything, and his platelets dropped from 94 down to 41. Then again, this shows that the chemo last week is doing something.

We stopped for lunch, came home, and Ed had a nice long nap, which is the best thing for him right now. This is one of those situations that I am aware of how helpful the computer is for me...at least, I do have a social life, even if it is in cyberspace! Sometimes, I go out shopping for a bit but mostly feel better just being around here with him.

Ed's my best buddy, even with the blood-count-blahs.

Saturday afternoon:
I've been doing irksome tasks like laundry and cleaning up a bit. Ed seems to feel a bit better today. He's outside reading but it's too sunny and windy for me. My dermatologist gets enough business from me as it it!

1 comment:

yrdsale4me said...

Having the hiccups, even for a few hours, takes a lot out of me. Tell Ed not to be so down on himself.

The internet is a Godsend for all of us who can't always get out. I can only stand so much TV. Facebook has been fun to fool with when I have time or can't sleep. It surprised me.

Have you found any good thrift stores in FL?

I miss you!