Sunday, August 23, 2020

When Will It Fall?

We have been watching this old barn for some years and wondering when it will fall.

I have been calling it a barn but maybe it is only a shed.  Anyway, it belonged to my Uncle Clarence May and I pass it when I go to town. It is perched so precariously and is sitting right on the edge of the road.

I have many questions......Why was it built so close to the road?  What was it used for?  How old is it? etc, etc.

 

There is another mystery about the barn.  It seems that every Christmas season, it gets decorated.  You can see the wreath hanging under the eves and I hear it's even lighted.  The whole neighbor is abuzz wondering who does the decorating.  It appears to have a Santa hat hanging in the center,  hmmnnn....

Every year when I come home for the summer I approach it with bated breath.  Will it be down yet?  How much more did it fall?  But every year it's still there and looks pretty much the same.  (I wish I had started taking photos 20+ years ago.)

Would anyone care to take bets as to when the fall will take place?  If I were a betting woman, I don't know if I would bet one year, ten years, or more!

I threaten to bring a broom handle and give it a little push but that would take all the fun out of it.  Therefore, it remains to be seen when the barn will fall. 

p.s.  Will Humpty Dumpty be sitting on top of it when it does fall?  Will all the king's horses and all the king's men be able to put it together again?

No comments: