Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Fall Fun in 2015

Fall here at Savanna Club is always busy and includes fun fellowship with friends.

Hoedown
Local residents put on this show and I am always amazed and proud to think that these singers and dancers are my neighbors!  People in the audience are encouraged to wear Western attire and you know how I enjoy dressing up!
Halloween
I am on the Social Committee so went early to finish decorating.  My friends, Sue Bruschetti and Joan De Planche.
Here are a few of my favorite costumes this year.
Wonder how this Minion got the yellow to stay on his beard?
Pizza, anyone?
I wasn't sure if the grapes and Gangstas were together or just standing together.
The Nerdy Physics Professor
"The Kiss" group had some scary make-up that stayed on all evening.
My gypsy wig and scarf were from Glen's Fair Price store in Virginia.

Cotton Candy and Popcorn.  THE most creative costumes I've ever seen! 
(The gals used 65 yards of tulle for their dresses and used hula hoops to hold their skirts out.)  They also have very cooperative husbands!


Christmas Golf Cart Parade
I've always enjoyed seeing the decorated golf carts.  This year we had only about 45 entries because of impending rain (it waited until the afternoon).  The sheriff led the parade as they went throughout the streets of Savanna Club.  I tend to see the "gray" in many things but as a judge, I had to make decisions!

Decking the Halls
The Social Committee decorates the clubhouses and grounds around Savanna Club.   .
 Wendy MacArthur and Judy Pagenkop have found their calling!  (You just saw them as Cotton Candy.)  They worked all year, hitting yard sales, thrift shops, and sales so as to get the most for the social committee's budget.
It took a whole crew almost a whole day to put up all their beautiful creations.

What a privilege it is to live in a community that is so active.

No comments: