Friday, December 14, 2012

Elf-ateers at the Red Hat PJ Party

I considered not posting this because I was afraid it was too shocking......a PJ party?  Then I realized that the pajamas we wore to this Red Hat party were really quite conservative.  
This all started when "The Lindas" and I were in Walgreens looking at the Christmas decorations.  I found these butterflies and asked,  "If I would wear this red butterfly in my hair, wouldn't it count as a 'red hat' at one of our functions?" 

Somehow, this took off and after brainstorming for our PJ party, various shopping efforts, and a little "assembly" party, we were ready to make our debut as the Three Elf-ateers.
Our figures and sizes are just different enough that finding pajamas that would fit all three of us was a real challenge.  We got hysterical as we shopped together and tried on various possibilities.....but Linda Houlihan found these red models that worked.

Linda Ricioppo found flashing earrings and I ordered Avon slippers that blinked as we walked.
This party was also a hat decorating contest so we entered our 3 hats as one entity.......and we won for "Most Original!!" 
It was a kick to watch people as it dawned on them that we were dressed alike.

This was also one of the most fun times I've ever had.....one of those unique days.  Most of all, it was great to share such an experience with two special friends.

No comments: