Saturday, December 8, 2012

Christmas Parade - FL Style

Who would guess what fun a Christmas parade with golf carts could be?  People spend weeks planning their "floats."

The sheriff led the paradeThe carts (about 40 this year) were followed by cars from our Classic Car Club.
Here are a few samples:
Not sure, but this might have been The Ghost of Christmas Past, a character from "A Christmas Carol" by Charles Dickens.

Santa, Florida style!

The cart below was one of the winners.  I'm not sure how they got the gifts to stay up there!
We had refreshments and caroling after the parade.
 Here's part of the crew who prepared the punch, coffee, and cookies for the refreshments.  That's moi on the right.
I enjoyed doing this but it did knock me flat the next day! 
(I try my best to ignore my fibromyalgia but it shows itself sometimes.)


Singing carols.
The golf cart parade was a fun way to get the Christmas/Holiday season started!

No comments: