Sunday, December 16, 2012

Brunch and Scuba Club Board Party

Two of my dive buddies, Russ and Julie Manhold, encouraged me to come down to Ft. Lauderdale for the Board party of our scuba club, the Undersea Adventurers.

I can't drive more than about 15 miles without experiencing major muscle spasms (ye ole fibromyalgia again).  It worked out that my new friend, Norma Pennie, has a daughter who lives in Ft. Lauderdale.  So Norma drove us down for the day!

We met Ed's son, Steve, daughter-in-law, Lorraine, and grandson, Sean (8) for brunch.  Norma fit right in.  We had a delightful meal!  
Sean's "my boy"!  It was a special day a few years ago when I was promoted from Ms. Mary to Grandmother Mary.  After eating, we walked a few doors down, where I met Sean's karate instructor.
We spent the afternoon with Norma's daughter, Lisa.  Turned out she lived only five minutes from the party location!

I've been a member of the Undersea Adventurers Dive Club since 1980 and those friendships are still going strong. We have those friendships where we can go years without seeing each other, then start up a conversation as if we were together yesterday. 
Julie & Russ Manhold, Kathi & Steve McCutcheon, MaryMay Angelil
This was a great day for connecting with family, new friends, and long time friends.

1 comment:

Beth said...

Sean is going to be a "lady-killer" when he grows up!