Tuesday, February 21, 2012

"The Sentinel," Sandhill Crane Painting

 
My new work of art is finally finished, framed, and hung.  My artist friend, Anita Orlando, came up to our house in Savanna Club in Port St. Lucie, Florida in December of 2010 to get a feel for the cranes' habitat.  We lucked out and saw lots of Sandhill Cranes. 

(Anita is available for other commissions if you'd like something painted.)

I made a shell wreath to start the grouping over the sofa.  Almost all the shells were ones I gathered on Sanibel Island back in 2009.  

I had a hanging that I bought on the streets of Hong Kong years ago that will work for now, but I hope to find something lighter.

I'm a sucker for "Before" and "After" pictures.
The chair where I "compute" has a perfect view of this wall and my spirits are lifted just seeing it.
Here's a closer look at the painting the artist calls "The Sentinel."  (You can click the photo for a larger view.)
The crane painting brings light, personality, and pizazz into the room.  Thank you, Anita Orlando, for sharing your talents with me!

1 comment:

yrdsale4me said...

Anita is SO talented! The painting is gorgeous and the grouping looks wonderful! I do agree that something a bit lighter than the hanging from Hong Kong would be optimal. Maybe the hanging would work on another wall in the same room, since it appears to have the same blue as the couch. Your shell wreath turned out so well. How did you affix the shells and starfish to the base? What is the object above the shell wreath? It looks like a piece of driftwood with something else attached. You have such an eye for decorating! Now you've inspired me again . . .