Thursday, February 12, 2009

Sentimental Journey to Sanibel Island

We took a "field trip" to Sanibel Island, Florida today. This is special to us because it was the first place we ever went for a Get-away Weekend over 10 years ago. It's known for its shells. We had a nice lunch, went shelling and returned to our Tastee Freeze to share another banana split. The weather was in the 70's with limited sun so it was a perfect day for driving and for the beach.

Those Bowmans just turn up all over the place,
don't they? (My Grandmother was Ruth Bowman May.)


The shells were not unusual ones today but
there were gazillion of them!

2 comments:

Tootie said...

Your blog came up this evening in my Google Sanibel Alerts. I'm glad it did because I enjoyed reading your posts. You are right about it being a beautiful day and I'm happy you were able to enjoy it on Sanibel. I do hope the both of you are able to continue with your travels. :-)

marymay said...

Thank you. Sanibel is a beautiful place!