Saturday, July 23, 2011

Mission Accomplished in a Whirlwind Week

I never would have believed what 4 gals could accomplish in a week.  Maribeth, Shelley, Anita and I had planning sessions every morning, then went gung ho at each goal.  We also hired Cheri, my weeding assistant, to help us pack for 2 of the days.  She saved us MANY stair runs!  

I planned to take photos throughout the process but I was so involved "in the moment" that I forgot. 

We wish we had counted how many boxes and bags we packed but we didn't.  This is a very small sampling of things to load. 

Phil and I agree that Anita needs furniture more than we do so we each took only a few pieces.  
 
Then Ed got the largest U-Haul truck that they offer -- a 26 footer -- to move things from Mother's house to Dayton, Ohio for her.

Our "adopted sister" Shelley was the one who made this happen.  She directed the guys we had hired (Jonathan, Morgan, Grant, and Sheldon) to help load and she moved lots of things herself.  They were astounded at how strong she is and how she kept right up with them!

Even Faith, the house tenant, helped put this giant jigsaw puzzle together.

About halfway through, it looked like everything wasn't going to fit....but Shelley wasn't about to give up that easily!

Lo and behold, they got all the boxes, bags, and pieces of furniture, including the Christmas tree, on there. 
Guess Anita was the supervisor for the day!  Her work begins at the other end as she sorts and puts things away.

4 comments:

Beth said...

I'm impressed! You were very smart to hire young bodies to help. I hope you're taking a much-deserved rest.

Anonymous said...

Congrats to all of you. What a h-u-g-e job!

Anne

The Torg said...

Glad to see you all pulled this off. I didn't want to have to rent such a big truck for my move this month. You all have inspired me to think I can drive the thing.

:)

The Torg said...

Glad to see you all pulled this off. I didn't want to have to rent such a big truck for my move this month. You all have inspired me to think I can drive the thing.

:)