Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Our Kitchen Geyser


Saturday we had a big, exciting event here in our Florida house.  We were sitting in the living room, minding our own business and waiting for our weekend company to arrive.  I was on the phone with Billie Brown, our friend in Virginia.  

All of a sudden we heard a sort of bang and water gushing.  I asked Ed if he'd started the dishwasher but he hadn't.  I practically hung up on Billie.  We ran into the kitchen to discover that the hot water pipe under the sink had burst and there was a major geyser pumping water all over the place under the sink and it was quickly filling the kitchen floor.

Ed couldn't get it cut off underneath the sink so ran out to the main water valve.  Then we couldn't find his wrench to tighten the tough valve.  Meanwhile, I was running around like a chicken with my head cut off grabbing every towel I could find.  

It was a great blessing that we found a plumber who came within the hour.  But the biggest blessing was that we were at home when this happened!!!  What could have been a major disaster turned out to be another one of those bumps in the road to deal with.

No comments: